Short CVAlessandra Graziottin is currently Director of the Centre of Gynaecology and Medical Sexology at the H. San Raffaele Resnati in Milano, Italy. She is specialised in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, in Oncology and a certified Psychotherapist in Sexual Medicine.
She is Founder and Chair of the Alessandra Graziottin Foundation for the cure and care of pain in women NPO.
Since 2020 she has been Professor in Medical Sexology and Psychopathology of Sexuality at the School of Specialization in Analytical and Transactional Psychotherapy with Sociocognitive Orientation, Pordenone.
She was Consultant Professor at the Advanced Master in Andrology and Sexual Medicine of the University of Firenze, Consultant Professor at the Advanced Master in Clinical Sexology of the University of Pisa, and Professor at the Master Course of Sexual Medicine for Students of Psychology of the University of Venezia and Salesian University (UPS) of Roma.
Prof. Graziottin has published: 24 scientific books (as author, co-author or editor); more than 90 chapters of scientific books, more than 120 refereed papers and more than 300 proceeding contributions and non-refereed articles; 7 lay books and 8 educational booklets for women. Since 1984 she has been regular columnist on women’s health in Italian national newspapers and magazines.
She wrote, with Filippo Murina:
- Clinical management of vulvodynia (Springer Verlag, 2011);
- Vulvar pain from childhood to old age (Springer Verlag, 2017).
As a leading expert and teacher in Gynaecology and Medical Sexology, with special focus on Chronic Pelvic pain, Vulvar pain and associated comorbidities, she has given more than 1700 lectures (more than 90 state of the art lectures) at international and national meetings and courses.
She is currently:
- Regional Contact for Lombardy for the International Society of Dietary Supplements and Phytotherapy (ISDSP);
- member of the Scientific Board for the "Comorbidity and Psychopathology" Area of the "Gruppo Italiano per lo Studio della Motilità dell'Apparato Digerente" (GISMAD);
- member of the Core Faculty of the European School of Oncology (ESO);
- member of the permanent International Organizing Committee (IOC) of Controversies in Obstetrics, Gynecology & Infertility (COGI);
- coordinator of the Italian Association of Hospital Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (AOGOI) for the Milan Metropolitan Area.
She also served on the Board of:
- the Italian Menopause Society from 1997 until 2001;
- the Italian Menopause Project (PMI) from 1997 to 2007;
- the European Society of Menopause and Andropause (EMAS) from 2000 to 2006;
- the Italian Society of Psychosomatic Gynecology and Obstetrics (SIPGO) from 2002 to 2008;
- the Italian Society of Psychosomatic Gynecology and Obstetrics (SIPGO) from 2008 to 2012, as Vice-President;
- the Italian Society of Gynaecology of the Elderly (SIGITE) from 2003 to 2006;
- the Italian Society of Preventive and Social Paediatrics (SIPPS) from 2008 to 2012;
- the Italian Society of Ginecology and Obstetrics (SIGO), as Coordinator of the Special Interest Area on “Pelvic Pain” (2009-2011);
- the Female Sexual Function Forum, FSFF (2000-2001), as Vice President;
- the International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health, ISSWSH (2001-2002), as President;
- the International Society for Sexuality and Cancer (ISSC) from 2003 to 2010;
In June 2004 she was awarded the Honorary Membership by the Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada (SOGC).